As I was watching the kids in the skate park, I noticed that two boys were bullying another child. 

One of the bullies had an innocent face, very colored and expensive clothes, sort of a teddy-bear kid, but with visible aggressiveness. 

 “He arrived later in our class, and he is a freak. He always sits alone, talks during the classes and burps,” the bully told me when I asked him what was wrong with that boy and why he talks like that to him.

The bullied boy wasn’t scared. He was laughing, making mild jokes, defending himself in a very relaxed and unaggressive way and not talking from a victim’s position, rather as somebody that doesn’t want to enter the coolness game. But nevertheless he seemed very lonely, and it was evident he would have liked playing with the others.

We talked, and he told me he was indeed new in the school, that the other children weren’t very friendly to him right from the beginning. I asked him why he didn’t tell his parents about the whole bullying experience. “It’s not worthy. I’m going to be in this school for another two years, and then I’ll go to high school.

Why so much trouble for such a short period?”